Strong Tower Fellowship - We Believe
What we believe:
1. We believe that the Bible is the inspired word of God to man, the infallible, all-sufficient, final authority in all matters of faith and conduct. "All Scripture is God-breathed, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be perfected, thoroughly furnished to every good work." (II Timothy 3:16,17)
2. We believe in one infinite, triune God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit; that they execute distinct but harmonious offices. (Genesis 1:26, John 1:1-3, Matthew 28:19, John 14:26, Acts 5:3,4)
3. We believe the deity of Jesus Christ, that He is true God and true man (100% God and 100% man), having been conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He lived His life without sin, He died, was in the grave three days, and was resurrected in His own body for my atonement and resurrection. He ascended to heaven and now sits at the right hand of God the Father and interceedes on our behalf. (John 1:14, Matthew 1:23, Hebrews 4:14-15, I Corinthians 15:3-5, John 2:19-21, Acts 26:23, I Corinthians 15:20,23)
4. We believe that all people are sinners by nature and by choice and therefore are under eternal condemnation. We believe that redemption, and thus salvation, comes only to those who repent of their sins and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ.
5. We believe that only through Christ's death on the cross, by the shedding of His blood and His resurrection we are saved and justified. Salvation is by grace, through faith, and is the free gift of God. Salvation cannot be bought or earned. (Ephesians 2:8,9, Romans 5:9, Ephesians 1:7)
6. We believe that the Holy Spirit, indwelling in the believer, enables him/her to live a godly life. This Holy Spirit regenerates, sanctifies, and empowers all who believe in Jesus Christ. (Romans 8:13,14, I Corinthians 3:16, Ephesians 4:30, 5:18)
7. We believe in the present day ministry of the Holy Spirit. We believe that He bestows gifts to every believer in Christ and that He is an abiding helper, teacher, and guide. "But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ's gift. Therefore He says: "WHEN HE ASCENDED ON HIGH, HE LED CAPTIVITY CAPTIVE, AND GAVE GIFTS TO MEN."" (Ephesians 4:7-8 )
8. We believe in the bodily resurrection of all mankind: of the believer to an everlasting dwelling with God in heaven, of the nonbeliever to an everlasting, conscious hell without God. (John 3:16-18, John 5:28-29)
9. We believe in the imminent return of the Lord Jesus Christ and the establishment of His Kingdom. (I Thessalonians 4:13-17)
10. We believe in the observance of sacraments of Baptism by immersion and Holy Communion.
We are a spirit-filled church that loves to worship God and our mission is to “equip the saints for the work of the ministry”.